Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium (SME) and Global and Large (G&L) enterprises. The Business Financing & Supplier Payments (BFSP) team within GCS delivers a suite of proprietary and partner-led payments solutions that makes us the best choice for customers. We achieve this by being customer and competitor focused, delivering market leading value, and creating great experiences for our products.
The focus on supplier payments growth for the G&L customer segment has never greater. Last year, the G&L embarked on an ambitious transformation journey with a core focus on accelerating B2B payments growth and unlocking greater AP file penetration within its coveted customer base.
As our G&L customers change the way they work and pay, we have been evolving with them by developing B2B partner-embedded and automated solutions seamlessly integrating AXP payment rails into our G&L customers preferred ecosystem (e.g., ERPs, and Procurement Platforms & Networks).
The recent launch of innovative partner-based payments solutions with leading 3rd party platforms (e.g., Coupa, Ariba, Goldman Sachs) has delivered tremendous B2B volumes growth ( 100% growth p.a over past 2 years)
To capitalise further on this momentum and extract the full potential of partner-led strategies, a new VP of B2B Partnerships and Go-to-market has been created to not only continue evolving and scaling existing partner-based solutions but to also launch new partnerships (with a key focus on vertical-centric strategies).
The VP will lead a newly formed team of 3 Directors through this ambitious agenda combing product management, green-field business development and sales enablement responsibilities.
This person will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with senior leadership and colleagues across the blue box to refine and execute the G&L B2B strategy, working closely with teams across GMNS & GCS Field but also Product, Tech, Partnerships, Pricing, Risk, Compliance, GCO, Marketing and Corporate Development. Key responsibilities Lead the product management of existing partner-based solutions:
Green-field Business Development:
- Serve as general manager of G&L AP Automation Partnerships e.g., P&L and performance management, operations management, etc.
- Effectively partner with the field team to translate customer insights into medium-term product roadmaps incl. competitive and PLS positioning, customer journeys/claims and product features prioritisation
- Partner with the Product Development team to ensure product roadmaps are seamlessly executed and prioritised
- Manage relationship with existing 3rd party partners
Go-to-market effectiveness/ Distribution enablement:
- Create a holistic partnership strategy to accelerate B2B volumes in the G&L segment with a key focus on vertical-centric platforms (e.g., Healthcare, Construction, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, etc.)
- Identify and explore partnerships with a selection of 3rd party platforms most relevant to the G&L segment momentum in close collaboration with GCS Field and GMNS
- Create a comprehensive partnership product road-map
- Partner with G&L Business Development, B2B Growth Enablement and PPI to refine B2B expansion and new penetration strategies across all B2B solutions targeting G&L segment including lookalike/targeting analyses and pipeline performance management
- Partner with Field and Marketing to create and distribute a holistic B2B value story
- Act as central B2B G&L Field Enablement point of contact
- Courageous thought leader with a track record of driving thought-provoking strategic roadmaps from vision to detailed execution
- Sharp commercial acumen and established track record of designing pragmatic/customer-centric strategies
- Prior experience in product management and/or business development preferred
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit & thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Rigorous and data-centric leader able to steer towards insight-based decision making
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with familiarity presenting to executive audiences
- Strong collaborator with the ability to navigate a complex stakeholder map and influence others
- Track record of outstanding people leadership skills and developing high performing teams
- Experience partnering with sales/business development organizations
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: to access the three posters. Job:
Executive Primary Location:
United States Schedule
Full-time Req ID: