Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
As a Unit Specialist on our Adolescent Crisis Unit, you would participate as a team member in the delivery of mental health crisis services to clients and their families. Assist in patient admits, provide direct care services to patients ages 11-17, and lead group sessions. Provide direct counseling services including individual, case management, group and lecture activities on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- One year of mental health services or substance use disorder treatment experience preferred
- A passion to be part of a Mission Driven Organization
- A teamwork approach
- A desire to be part of an opportunity to really make a difference in people's lives directly
- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
- Ability to coordinate and present lectures for patients, parents and community resources
- A passion to be a part of a mission driven organization
- A teamwork approach
- A desire to make a difference in people's lives
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
- Coordinate and supervise patient recreational activities.
- Monitor assigned patients by consulting with the primary counselor in developing and implementing the individual treatment plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the patients with AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
- Ensure that patient service records are maintained consistent with required rules and regulations.
- Develop and present all patient lectures listed on the clients lecture schedule.
- Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
- Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
- Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting pay HS/GED - $15.43/hr
- Starting pay Associates - $16.37/hr
- Starting pay Bachelors - $17.25/hr
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Tuesday - Saturday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Recovery Centers - Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf