Adecco are proud to be working with a manufacturing company who are expanding their team, see details below:
Job Title: Timber Operative
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Salary: £20,280 / £9.75 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Now is the time to join this forward thinking company who have a fantastic team feel and truly care about their employees, you do not need experience, simply the right attitude and drive to want to learn new things.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Free fruit and drinks
- Monthly bonus scheme (up to £100 per month)
- Full uniform and PPE provided
Key responsibilities within your new role would be to:
- Work as part of a team to complete the construction of wall panels, roof trusses and floor joists.
- Handling timber for manufacturing using woodworking machinery.
- Working on multiple jobs to achieve and exceed quality and delivery requirements.
- Ensuring tasks carried out in line with the information provided.
- Use of hand tools such as nail guns.
- Lifting and loading heavy goods.
Experience and skills required for this position:
- Ideally you will have experience in timber frames, roof trusses or floor joist production.
- Ideally you will have experience using crosscut and table saws.
- A counterbalance forklift licence, ideal but not essential.
- Experience using hand tools and basic joinery / woodworking
- Experience of general carpentry / manufacturing
- Good numerical and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A 'right first time' attitude
- Excellent team working skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to use your initiative and solve problems
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today and you will be contacted by a member of our team if your CV matches our requirements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.