With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
We are seeking a Staff Auditor
for the Audit Services Department. (Prefer candidates from Austin, TX or Alpharetta, GA.)The Audit Services Department functions as a service to Company management and the Board of Directors to examine and evaluate the activities of the Company and provide risk analyses, appraisals and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed. The Staff Auditor works within this department performing a variety of tasks in support of the audit function. Work involves conducting financial, operational and compliance audit projects and providing consulting services to the organizations management and staff. The department maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and works independently under general supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Conduct reviews of the financial, operational, and compliance activities of the Company.
- Conduct interviews of selected personnel for the purpose of documenting and evaluating business processes to determine the adequacy of internal controls.
- Execute audit test plans and assist with SOX compliance throughout the company.
- Prepare written communications, such as client correspondence, memoranda, and other working papers that document the procedures, findings, and results of those procedures.
- Continuously communicate with the Internal Audit Services management to ensure timely project completion.
- Demonstrate teamwork through cooperation with other staff, sharing information, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Build formal and informal relationships with management to obtain all critical information on a timely basis.
- Assist the external auditors, as needed.
- Participate in fraud investigations as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a strong emphasis in accounting required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience or a combination of education or experience required.
- CPA or CIA, or the desire to obtain a certification within the next two years preferred.
Additional Success Factors
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Adept skill level with Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Visio, etc.
- Relevant internal control and/or risk management experience a plus.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to travel 10 - 30%.
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance