Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator (DBA)/System Administrator (SA) for a growth opportunity on our team. As a Snowflake Database Administrator for the State of Arkansas Medicaid Enterprise (AME) Decision Support System (DSS) Project, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a multi-Terabyte Snowflake environment on Azure Cloud that will contain public and private health care enrollment, claims and encounter data from insurance carriers, health plans, third-party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers, and Medicaid data. This is a growth opportunity position working with a highly skilled team that will carry over into Azure cloud administration activities and responsibilities.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Create schemas, tables and role-based security based on requirements and direction from the team
- Assist users with both basic SQL questions and sophisticated SQL tuning strategies
- Test backup and recovery scenarios, as well as formulate disaster recovery procedures
- Use Enterprise Manager and other Azure services for availability and performance monitoring
- Analyze database resource consumption, for problem avoidance and trend forecasting
- Install, upgrade and patch databases so that our environments remain current
- Automate database administration tasks using PL/SQL and shell scripts
- Strong working knowledge of security controls required for regulatory compliance. This includes areas of encryption, centralized logging, inactive disablement, un-intrusive logging techniques, STIG change protocol and implementation, secure coding requirements, account management and access control standards
- Work closely with Security Auditors to remediate regular penetration test findings
- Work with engineers in support of SSO authentication requirements
- Set-up new users and reset passwords for existing users
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience supporting applications running on Azure or AWS cloud services and terraform scripting
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer-facing role
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Foundational SQL experience/usage
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum.
- Informatica tuning experience to assist ETL developers in meeting SLA load requirements.
- Experience with Large Data Warehouse Design and Management
- State Medicaid Data Warehouse or Medicaid Management Information Systems knowledge
- Experience with Medicaid/Health Exchange data and PHI/PII requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only
: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.