Pertemps Recruitment agency has partnered with leading international account and consulting firm, we are looking for a Senior HR Advisor (12 Month FTC) to join their UK teamThis is a 12-month FTC (Fixed Term Contract), full-time role paying a salary of circa £28,000-£38,000- per annum + benefitsThe focus of this role will be
- Working in the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business. You will act as the key contact point for all HR matters for People Leaders (PL's) in your business area, taking ownership of all employee relations cases of varying complexity.
- You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor. You will work with the HR Business Partners and wider HRAT to deliver HR calendar activities and support strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the People function to provide a seamless and first class HR service.
- As a member of the HR Advisory team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm's values at all times and be seen as a role model to your client groups and team. As a Senior Advisor you will be expected to use your initiate and take the lead during key calendar activities and team discussions; this includes supporting your HRAT Assistant Manager and providing additional guidance and support to your HR Advisor colleagues, to ensure any of the key deliverables are met
- Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders - including clients in the business, the HR Business Partner teams and the Centres of Excellence (CoEs);
- Proactively work to up-skill performance managers (PMs) and PLs in HR matters;
- Work as part of a virtual team with the HR Business Partner Teams and Centres of Excellence to deliver excellent client service.
- Resolve straightforward and complex people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate;
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
- Have a good degree of competency in applying employment law, keeping up to date with changes and legal advancements.
- Support PLs with HR policy and process e.g. Intelligent working requests, relocation;
- Advise on disciplinary, grievance and performance issues - including exam training failures;
- Design and draft non-standard correspondence;
- Evidence an advanced degree of absence management knowledge. Providing advice to performance managers (PMs), PLs and Partners and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences - including OH referrals. Coach PMs and PLs on return to work conversations;
- Be the expert point of contact for Performance Management issues.
- Support the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
The person specification:
- It is expected that you will be CIPD or part CIPD qualified or have the desire to study for the CIPD qualification. In addition you will:
- Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and external to the firm
- Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
- Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Be an excellent communicator - written and verbal;
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Have a proven ability in coaching
- Have strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge senior colleagues
- Demonstrate creative thinking and an innovative approach to projects / tasks.
- Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.