Headquartered in San Diego, Mulligan Funding serves as a leading provider of working capital ($5K - $2M) to the small and medium-sized businesses that fuel our country. Since 2008, we have prided ourselves on our collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused approach. Enjoying a period of unprecedented growth, driven by the combination of cutting-edge technology, human touch, and unwavering integrity, we are looking to add to our people-first culture, with highly motivated and results-oriented professionals, to push the limits of what's possible while creating value for all of our partners.
Credit analysts at Mulligan are responsible for assessing the financial condition of small businesses and approving or declining loan requests. Unlike working at a bank, this is an extremely fast-paced role that will involve decision-making. We are looking to bring on experienced credit analysts with backgrounds in commercial C&I and/or small business lending. You will:
- Review financial statements and conduct in-depth analysis of business bank statements to determine credit worthiness of small businesses.
- Analyze personal & business credit reports.
- Complete Global Cash Flow Analysis.
- Interface with internal sales team on loan approvals.
- Complete credit memos for approved loans that support the decision and the structure of the proposed financing.
- Review large loans and present the potential loan approvals to Credit Committee.
- Research online resources to protect against fraud.
- Conduct interviews with the CFOs/CEOs of applicants to better understand business operations and financing needs.
- A minimum 3 years of experience underwriting or credit analysis.
- A Bachelors' degree, preferably in business, finance, accounting, economics, or a similar discipline.
- A strong grasp of GAAP accounting principles and ability to dissect financial statements and business bank statements.
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, G-Suite, and ability to quickly pick up new programs and CRM systems.
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- An ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation package
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and disability insurance
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays
- Gym membership contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - mental health support
- Online commuter benefits
- Internal Referral Program
- Fun team and company events
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience
- Great central location in San Diego - easy access from the highway
Mulligan Funding is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.