Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK), together with its subsidiaries ("Newmark"),is a world leader in commercial real estate, seamlessly powering every phase of the property life cycle. Newmark's comprehensive suite of services and products is uniquely tailored to each client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, and startups to blue-chip companies. Combining the platform's global reach with market intelligence in both established and emerging property markets, Newmark provides superior service to clients across the industry spectrum. Newmark generated revenues in excess of $2.9 billion for the year ending December 31, 2021. Newmark's company-owned offices, together with its business partners, operate from approximately 160 offices with over 6,200 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit or JOBDESCRIPTION (Senior Appraiser):
Appraises real estate properties independently for the purposes of dispute resolution, mortgage underwriting, acquisition/disposition, portfolio analysis, estate purposes and other intended uses. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prepare complete appraisal reports independently on complex properties. Oversight of work includes collaboration with senior level staff as well as review of reports.
- Conduct complete appraisals, examining and evaluating commercial properties to establish market value.
- Make independent decisions and provide judgement in the development of the appraisal for complex properties.
- Inspect properties.
- Complete formal review responses with guidance if requested from senior staff members.
- Engage directly in client meetings.
- Complete formal rebuttal letters.
- Maintain knowledge of current government regulations, zoning laws and appraisal standards.
- Understand all necessary software programs used in the business.
- Maintain familiarity with necessary data sources.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in real estate or other related subjects such as economics and finance. Preference is given to MS or MBA in real estate.
- Must have state appropriate Certified General Appraiser License.
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years professional experience as a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser.
- Must have experience and be skilled in writing appraisal and appraisal reviews of complex commercial properties.
- Solid understanding of real property valuation concepts, commercial real estate terminology, and property tax jurisdictional processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Argus required.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills, with both clients and market participants related to research.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elementsNOTE:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.