This UK largest independent regulator of the UK's 710,000 health professionals, is looking to recruit a Senior Contracts Officer to start asap in a key position with a small and friendly team.To provide a high quality contract management support for all contracts managed by the Contract and Quality Team.
Key responsibilities include
- Managing day-to-day operational enquiries from suppliers, monitoring the performance of suppliers in line with contractual requirements and service level agreements
- Preparing and producing a range of reports relating to supplier delivery and performance, Administering and minuting meetings with suppliers and contributing to the overall development and improvement of the contract management function.
Contract management and reporting
- Support the operational management of all contracts with suppliers by reviewing, tracking delivery and performance to ensure all specifications are met, levels of performance, efficiency and cost effectiveness are achieved and their activities are fully compliant with the contracts in place.
- To be the first point of contact for to day-to-day, operational, issues and queries relating to our suppliers, responding where appropriate and escalating any issues/risks accordingly
- Actively monitor the supplier against contract specification and service level agreements
- Contribute towards the development and improvement of existing contract management arrangements and framework
- Support the contract manager to ensure the reliability, validity, integrity and security of the Test of Competence
- Assist in the preparation of internal performance reports and briefings for senior management in relation to supplier delivery and performance
- Maintain all contractual information and documentation, including contracts, contract variations, specifications and service level agreements.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all suppliers, ensuring all communication is timely, responsive and effective.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels in this directorate and to take an active role in identifying and developing cross-directorate activities
- Develop and maintain excellent relationship with external stakeholders, e.g. Recruiters, Trusts and Educators. Attend relevant meetings, forums, networking opportunities and maintain the team's contact database.
- Contract Meetings - provide high quality secretariat support for all contract meetings with suppliers including: scheduling meeting dates; collating, reviewing and circulating contract related paperwork, producing accurate minutes, maintaining action/risk logs and other support duties
- Assurance Panel - to lead on the administration of the panel by scheduling meetings, working with the Chair and senior managers to agree content of agendas, prepare paperwork where required, liaising with Panel members to ensure the required attendance and managing the forward plan for the Panel.
Data and Information Management
- Review and scrutinise data relating to supplier performance, highlighting any areas of concern, poor performance, key issues/risks, to the Contract and Quality Manager
- Maintain existing databases and systems relating to contract performance and data held by the team
- To run reports, analyse, validate and scrutinise data, to understand and identify trends and causes.
- To ensure that high quality information is made available to support the improvement of service delivery, quality, value for money and equality of access through effective collection, manipulation, analysis and dissemination of management information as required
- To be responsible for managing the storage and filing of documentation for the team
Project Management Support
- Provide ad-hoc project support to the Contract and Quality Manager and Senior International Registrations Manager e.g. assisting in the drafting of procurement related documentation, drafting processes and procedures, contributing towards the development of business cases and/or undertaking research
- To assist in the delivery of new projects and initiatives related to the Test of Competence and the registration processes.
- Promote and comply with the organisations policies including diversity and equality both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience of managing and/or supporting the management of, contracts with suppliers
- Experience of working in a politically sensitive environment and with confidential material
- Experience of working with a wide variety of people at all levels, inside and outside of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, able to tailor communications for a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills, including all packages in the Microsoft office suite, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership for own workload
- Minute taking and meeting support
Desirable 1. Understanding of good practice contract management and procurement principles, methodologies and frameworks 2. Experience of supporting the development of projects and other improvement initiatives3. Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment and effectively manage competing demands and deadlines 5. Motivated individual with the passion and drive to make a difference 6. Good analytical skills with the ability to manage and manipulate data, reconcile issues and produce information and reports Hybrid working role - Up to 1 day per week in the Office (Oxford Circus)What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to me to review for this post. Closing date: 18th of September 2022
4 Qualifying questions will need to be sent on as part of your application for this role Interviews will take place the week of the 26th of September 2022