We are working with several SEND schools in the Scunthorpe area and they are currently seeking a Teaching Assistant to work with young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties full time. The school is a specialist provision catering for pupils with BESD and Attachment Disorders. They require this Teaching Assistant to have experience of supporting children and young adults with challenging behaviour and emotional difficulties. The experience of working with people from similar background or challenges is highly desirable.
Most of the work will involve 1:1 intervention session as well as supporting secondary aged pupils in a classroom environment. Previous experience of working with young people with BESD is essential. It will be expected that candidates will have good communication skills and appropriate qualifications to be able to meet these high standards.
- Experience with supporting young people with EBD in the past
- Team Teach Training
- Behaviour management Training or experience
- Special Educational Needs Experience in a care or school setting
- Understanding and experience of supporting/teaching young people with attachment disorder and challenging behaviour
- Training in Learning Support
Tradewind are renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking & social events.
As a teaching assistant you will be expected:
- To provide engaging and empathetic educational support to pupils
- To assist the teacher delivering lessons
- To have understanding/knowledge of special needs or a keen interest in helping vulnerable pupils
- To aid learning and emotional well-being
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position. Or for more information about the role, contact Joanne Leeman on /