Under the Supervision of the District Manager, the Sales Associate secures and maintains maximum exposure and sales of all products in all accounts in assigned area. Assures excellent customer satisfaction through service, sales, follow through, and superior customer relations. Ensures quality control and assists in marketing, merchandising and distribution of products. Requires a general knowledge of both sales, and merchandising techniques. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Essential Functions Statement(s)
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Attaining monthly revenue, volume, and distribution goals
- Manage inventory levels in accounts through ordering and merchandising processes
- Provide full-service merchandising to accounts in assigned territories (shelf fill, back stock rotation, restocking backroom, proper POS and signage)
- Work schedule as needed to integrate with delivery schedules and customer needs
- Develop relationship and communicate effectively with store personnel, delivery driver, and district manager
- Work with supplier reps, Key Account Managers and district managers in market to deliver against expectations
- Execute chain programming as prescribed by Key Account Managers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Experience and Education:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one s conduct.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Emotional Intelligence - Engaged, enthusiastic team member who motivates others to excel.
- High School Diploma with related sales and merchandising experience;
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to present material to internal and external customers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Highly effective and persuasive communication skills;
- Vendor relations management;
- Attention to detail;
- Time-management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive and attentive;
- Fundamental Math Skills
- Ability to effectively use all functions of the sales tablet (inventory, order, CRM, etc)
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to effectively use all telecommunication resources (Go To Meeting, etc)
- Keen attention to detail
- Collaborative working style and team player attitude
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, judgment, and partnership
- Strong attention to customer service
Most work will be indoors and occasionally outdoors. Sales Associate position requires the constant handling of merchandise, travel on the road, drive in different weather conditions, engages in considerable physical activity, lift and move products, the use of proper safety practices and equipment at the store chains and other retail accounts in the market area serviced in an air conditioning and non-air conditioning settings, and service products in refrigerated temperature coolers. Company ID and closed toe shoes required at all times. Attendance at trainings, both on island and neighbor islands, may be required.