We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room Surgical Services Surgery - OR POD Position
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin - Austin, TX
Full Time - 8, 10, 12 hour shifts available depending on dept needs
**Must Have: Operating Room RN experience
Now Offering Sign-On bonus/Relocation Bonus
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty
When you join Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin's specialty based OR team, you'll find an environment committed to increasing associate satisfaction and improving clinical outcomes. Cohesive and collaborative team structures allow cross-functional OR professionals to innovate on the cutting edge of surgical science and processes. And with guaranteed paid hours, generous paid time off, comprehensive benefits packages and quarterly incentive plans, you can thrive professionally and personally.
OR Pod Model:
Within this model OR Teams will be grouped by specialty with the addition of a Clinical Supervisor who will lead several OR Teams within a specialty POD. In addition to the Specialty POD teams, the new model includes improved processes and technology to streamline work as well as flexibility to adapt for future service lines and growth. OR team members will be guaranteed their hours, reducing uncertainty and increasing the availability of PTO for its intended use
For each metric goal met, staff will be given a 1% bonus of their quarterly salary. If all 4 are met, then the staff will get a 5% bonus of their quarterly bonus:
- First case on time starts
- Turnover time
- Retained foreign objects
- Equipment repairs
Here is why you want to work at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin!
As a Registered Nurse in the Surgery Unit at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin (ASMCA), you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision-making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
The Surgery Unit at ASMCA has 26 OR suites in our Surgical Services units including 1 endovascular suite outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment. We are 1 of 2 hospitals in Central Texas that performs heart transplants and we are experiencing significant growth. We are searching for the best and brightest OR and CVOR RNs around the country to be key members of this growing team. It is an incredible opportunity to work alongside the top heart surgeons in Texas in our NEW state-of-the-art facilities.
Services include: Robotic Surgery using the latest DaVinci Xi Surgical Robot, Plastics, Eyes, ENT, Cardiovascular, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, Spine, GYN and General Surgery. ASMCA is Austin's largest medical/acute care center and offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for both inpatients and outpatients as well as regional specialty programs including the Seton Heart Specialty Care and Transplant Center, Seton Infusion Center and the Marialice Shivers Regional Neonatal Center. AMCA was also one of the first two hospitals in Texas to receive certification as a Primary Stroke Center. ASMCA is ranked #1 in Austin and #12 in all of Texas by U.S. News & World Report.
- Stemi center of excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Disease specific certification in hip/knee and spine surgery
- ECMO team
- Currently seeking 5 Star recognition
- 14,000 procedures annually including complex surgery such as
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex surgical procedures
- daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN procedures
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine, and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction ratings
- Low staff turnover
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to use clinical practice guidelines, standards and best practices, staff development strategies, fiscal management principles, and performance improvement techniques to achieve desired outcomes for service excellence, patient and associate safety, and quality outcomes.
What You Will Do:
Deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and
managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound
exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.