We Are Hiring:
St. Vincent's Birmingham, Outpatient Surgery Center has an opening for a Registered Nurse!
- Full Time; Monday - Friday Day shift
The Surgery Center is located on the St. Vincent's Birmingham campus to offer a one-of-a-kind, fully integrated health facility with convenient access to St. Vincent's Birmingham's existing services, including physician specialists, diagnostics, physical therapy, GI service and lab services.
Our 6 operating rooms average around 25 cases per day and are equipped with the latest technology. We provide a wide range of same-day procedures, which could include general surgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, podiatry, plastic surgery, pain management, ENT, and gynecology. We have multi-specialty surgeries, however, ENT and general are the most common service lines (sinus surgery, hernia repair and gallbladder).
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluate patient's responses to treatments and interventions.
- Manage patient's pain.
- Anticipates case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Advanced Life Support credentialed from the
- ADLS credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Month (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent's is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.