The Everett Clinic, part of Optum, is now offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as a Part time Registered Nurse in Infusion. Our company values innovative problem solvers promote personal and professional growth and provides a supportive working environment that affords all of its employees a healthy work/life balance. We are offering a $7500 Sign on Bonus for this position. (External candidates only) The RN functions as an integral member of the healthcare team and is responsible for: Under general responsibility, responsible for the nursing management of patients being infused with chemotherapy or biologic therapy agents, fluids and/or other medications. Provides direct patient care, consults with physicians and other nurses, sets clinical standards and is involved with education activities. Acts as liaison between patient/physician and other departments. Schedule/Hours: Wednesday and Friday - 8am - 6pm The RN is responsible for and not limited to: CLINICAL/DEPARTMENTAL ASSESSMENT:
PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION:
- Evaluates patient care needs. Suggests solutions to patient care problems & complaints
- Identifies & recommends solutions to departmental problems
- Assists in assessing departmental function and productivity & recommends changes as necessary
- Assesses patient/family learning needs and coordinates and carries out teaching plan
- Assessment and management of venous access devices including complications
- Performs a nursing assessment prior to each infusion and throughout procedure.
- Follows procedures related to the verification of orders and products when administering biologics or other products
- Monitors patient during infusion, observing for untoward reactions
- Process prescription refills per protocol
- Care Coordination: (Across the continuum of care). Responsible for patient case management. Coordinates nursing and patient care activities within the department and with other clinical departments in order to provide efficient comprehensive & cost-effective patient care. This includes working with reception and scheduling staff to ensure appropriate patient bookings and appointment triage.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications & treatments in accordance with nursing standards and clinic policy. Procedures specifically include but are not limited to:
- Telephone triage/consultation with patients
- High tech. nursing procedures in the ambulatory care setting
- Nurse managed care or program coordination.
- Patient/Family education
- Drawing of labs for patient evaluation prior to chemotherapy/biotherapy administration
- Knowledge of all medications and potential side effects
- prior to infusion Safely prepares infusion setups and administration processes
- Utilizes the principles of teamwork inside and outside of his/her department
- Orient patient and family to biologics and infusion process
- Provide psychosocial support to patient and family and refers to other resources within TEC which may include consultation from behavioral health, social services, dietitians, financial counselors or pastoral care when patients situation indicates.
- Demonstrates ability to perform self-evaluation, taking responsibility for own professional growth and development.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement programs
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to expected patient outcomes/goals. Evaluates for common side effects, which may include dehydration, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, pain, etc.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies in inter-personal relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates effective/informative charting & written communication.
- Communicates problems and concerns to department supervisor as necessary.
- Delegates duties according to patient acuity and the ability of the individual staff member.
- Accepts care assignments according to educational and skill level.
- Demonstrates accountability/responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Maintains professional affiliations and continuing education.
Preferred Experience and Credentials: Demonstrates an ability to communicate (verbal & written) and maintain good relationships with medical staff, management, customers, & other departments. Maintains professional appearance & attitude. Has demonstrated knowledge and ability to teach and apply current theories, techniques, and practice. Critical thinking skills, ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Education: Graduation from an accredited Nursing program (RN or BSN). Demonstration of ongoing commitment to self-directed education in infusion practice. Experience
- Assists in orientation and education of other clinic staff.
- Serves as a clinical resource
- Attends required meetings & participates in clinic committees
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively in emergency situations
- Assists in the development, revision, and/or updating of clinic policy and departmental procedure/standards of care or practice.
: One-year current clinical experience in an Infusion setting preferred (Knowledge of professional theory and practice to give & evaluate patient care. Skill in applying & modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care.) Certificate/License : Current Washington State Registered Nurse licensure.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM) Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.