Job Description: What will I be doing?
You will provide SmallHD customers after-purchase repair support extending to hardware, firmware, software and services developed by SmallHD. You will use tools and technology to diagnose issues, make recommendations for repair or replacement and test any new parts that are installed. .
A typical day might include the following
- Diagnose and repair SmallHD products accurately and in a timely manner down to the PCBA component level.
- Communicate questions, issues and resolutions via repair system, email, Slack and phone
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to different scenarios, requiring good communication skills with individuals of all levels
- Provide technical repair support to internal and external customers through a thorough understanding of SmallHD products, related services and technology, and customer workflows
- Implement methodologies to improve first repair resolution
- Provide accurate information regarding product returns and failures to internal groups within SmallHD
- Identify, document and escalate customer issues to appropriate internal teams
- Coordinate with other departments to follow correct material workflow and to report needs for engineering improvements
- Perform other related duties when assigned.
Qualified candidates must have
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years electronic assembly, troubleshooting, repair and electronic testing experience including soldering and detailed electrical and board assembly
- Ability to read and understand schematics and functional maps
- Knowledge of advanced electrical principles as they apply to DC circuitry and PCBs
- Experience with wiring and connector placement (both solder and crimp type)
- Operational familiarity with soldering irons, hand tools, and electrical test/precision measuring instruments
- Proficiency in-process specifications, manufacturing practices, and standardized assembly operations
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members in a productive manner
- Experience with Macro- and Micro-level electronics workflow troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Able to perform detail-oriented work sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to solder and desolder electronic components on printed circuit boards (PCBs) using hand tools.
- Ability to use and learn a variety of software tools including Xtuple ERP, Zendesk/ Salesforce,FedEx ShipManager/UPS WorldShip/ShipStation, Shopify, Smartsheets, Google Sheets/Docs
- A basic understanding of Video signal workflows, IP-based workflows, and wireless signal connectivity in the Cinema world a plus.
More important information for you
- This position is based in the Cary, NC office
- Reporting to Repair Supervisor
- This position full time
- Great people, great work environment
- Health Insurance (incl.dental and vision)
- 401(k) Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Program
- Company-sponsored Friday Lunch
- Fun events throughout the year
- A fast-growing company with room to grow
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Assembly Skills
- High School / GED
- Excellent Communication Skills