We Are Hiring:
**Position eligible for sign on**
**Have the opportunity to be trained in the Adult and Pediatric floor areas, Adult and Pediatric critical care units, Adult and Pediatric emergency rooms, and SETON Hospital (Long Term Acute Care). **
Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Schedule: Nights, Friday- Saturday's*, Full Time
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
When you choose Ascension, the work you do is important. You will be empowered to create a career path you will love, with a work-life balance, and receive the support you need to bring your best self to your work.
Benefits: This position has a full Ascension benefits package! Ascension offers you a wide range of distinctive and customizable benefits that will protect your health, income and family, provide security now and in the future, and enrich your life and spirit. Have a beloved pet at home? We've got them covered too!
*Exceptions exist- See Talent Advisor for details
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Indiana Respiratory Care Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all - especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.