Independence Physician Management (IPM), a subsidiary of UHS, was formed in 2012 as the physician services unit of UHS. IPM develops and manages multi-specialty physician networks and urgent care clinics which align with UHS acute care facilities. It also provides select services for the Behavioral Health division of UHS. Through continuing growth, IPM operates in 11 markets across six states and the District of Columbia. Our leadership team, practitioners, and teams of healthcare professionals are collectively dedicated to improving the health and wellness of people in the communities we serve.
To learn more about IPM visit Physician Services - Independence Physician Management - UHS.Position Overview:
The Regional Financial Analyst works collaboratively with practice administration, clinics, other departments, and IPM corporate conducting monthly financial statement package and general ledger accounting reviews for physician practices.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts financial statement package and general ledger reviews. The process is undertaken to subject the monthly financial statements and results of operations to an independent review and identify potential reporting errors. Any material misstatements of the financial results are further reviewed by the IPM Director of Accounting and corrected prior to the corporate consolidation and SEC reporting process
- Performs monthly and ad hoc reports/analysis.
- Provides accounting and information systems support to the practices and corporate departments.
- Prepares comparative data and practice specific analytics and reconciliations.
- Updates, maintains and assists users in financial/statistical reporting and information systems.
- Assists accounting staff in the preparation of the month end close function.
- Coordinates, processes and uploads budget data
- Prepares Monthly Projections with practice administration
- Maintains physician bonus calculations, CME, Dues & Subscriptions analysis
- Assisting in financial audits as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as financial statement and basic valuation concepts and practices.
- Prior experience in an accounting/financial capacity, health care required.
- Experienced with information systems conversions, excellent computer skills on various systems.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, numerical facility and analytical abilities
- Three or more years in accounting, finance or financial analysis.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
and much more!
Independence Physician Management is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPM via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Independence Physician Management. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
About Universal Health Services (UHS), Inc.
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked on the Fortune 500; and listed in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852- 3449