The Program Manager for Nature & Sustainability will steer the strategic development of a forward-looking approach to our impact on nature and environmental sustainability. This will include working across the organization to assess operational impacts, impact from our value chains and products, and developing strategies and actions plans in alignment with corporate strategy. In this role, you will direct the development of the company's sustainability commitments for nature and environmental sustainability, including development of our approach to water risk, waste, and as subject matter expert to support of future nature and environmental disclosure needs for stakeholders. You will provide thought leadership internally and externally in your area of expertise, and engage customers, NGOs and other stakeholders around nature-based solutions and our approach to environmental sustainability. Roles & ResponsibilitiesNature Strategy
Water and Waste Strategy
- Lead the steering committee and wider group of stakeholders to develop a forward-looking approach to our impact on nature
- Collaborate with environment and other colleagues so that our environmental sustainability (water, waste) goals align to our strategic approach for nature
- Engage with other program areas (climate, circularity, etc.) within Sustainability and across the company to be the subject matter expert on nature-related issues for emerging areas such as carbon offsets, renewable feedstocks, and certification schemes
ESG Reporting and Disclosure
- Collaborate with the Corporate Environmental team to support the development of strategy and goals for environmental topics such as water and waste, that align with overall approach to nature
- Engage with ERM, Legal, and other colleagues to support the development of our water risk and water risk assessment
- Present to leadership team and senior leaders regularly to support decision making and align on goals and strategy
- Be the subject matter expert in Sustainability to provide direction to the KPIs for nature and environmental-based voluntary and regulatory reporting
- Lead content development for CDP Water reporting and collaborate with business groups on closing priority gaps aligned to our ESG strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy or similar field is required
- Master's Degree (Masters of Business Administration or similar) is a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience in Sustainability, Environment, or related function at a large company (or relevant organization experience)
- Project management experience
- Ability to drive change across complex organizations
- Stakeholder oriented and proven ability to deliver results and maintain focus despite varied interests
- Ensures accountability for cross-functional projects
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Collaborates within and across teams to inspire and advance projects
- Strong customer focus
- Entrepreneurial and resilient mindset
- Expertise in approaches towards nature, biodiversity, water and other environmental impacts across the value chain
- Working knowledge of ESG standards and frameworks impacting corporate direction for nature strategies
- Proven experience in developing strategy and understanding of forces influencing corporate approaches in sustainability
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively. Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- English required. Additional languages a benefit
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited rsums or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market: