Goodwill is hiring!!!
Full time with benefits!!!
Are you searching for a rewarding career with an industry leading nonprofit organization with a mission? Look no further! At Alabama Goodwill Industries, our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing employment development services and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader Coach or designee is responsible for customer service, facility security and maintenance, sorting and quality selection of donations into salable, salvage, and trash categories, pricing of merchandise, transporting merchandise to sales floor, stocking shelves, doing mark-downs, rotating merchandise and displaying merchandise. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures 100% donor and customer delight.
- Sorts donations into salable, salvage, and trash categories and place non-salable apparel, shoes, or handbags into salvage containers. Places all other non-salable items (i.e. broken or non-functioning wares, electrical and mechanical, wet items, etc.) into trash.
- Prices merchandise using our baseline price guide; special price items of exceptional value.
- Keeps abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing. Continually learning brands, collectibles.
- Keeps pricing area clean and organized.
- Transports merchandise to sales floor, stock shelves, display and rotate merchandise, and performs mark-downs in compliance with agency policy.
- Transports trash to compactor/dumpster and operate compactor as needed.
- Adheres to all store and personnel policies and procedures; follow good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the Team Leader Coach and ATL.
- Work Quality Appropriate processing, selection and stewardship of donations.
- Work Quantity Keep River flowing, consistently meet production count goals.
- Preferably candidate with knowledge of antiques and collectibles
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
Alabama Goodwill Industries (AGI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Ability to bend, reach and stand for extensive periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.