A great opportunity has arisen for a driven and experienced qualified / part qualified accountant working for a practice in the Newport area. The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a busy practice and communicating directly with clients.
The individual will manage their own portfolio of clients and report directly to the director, whilst also having the full support of their colleagues.
- Immediate start available
- Salary - £25000 - £35000 (depending on the experience/qualification of the successful candidate).
- NEST auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
This is a varied role and will involve the following, although the list is not exhaustive:
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies. (Clients are mainly Limited companies)
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and company tax returns.
- Income tax and capital allowance computations.
- Assisting with drafting statutory accounts for our current audit clients and working alongside and assisting our audit manager.
- Put together full files for our audit clients in order for our audit manager to commence with the audit.
- Running a number of weekly and monthly payrolls and submission of payroll returns to HMRC.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and filing of self-assessment tax returns.
- Preparation and filing of forms P11D.
- Preparation and submission of MGD (Machine Games Duty) returns.
- Monitoring/maintaining/updating client accounting systems, generally on xero.
- Additional tasks as and when required. E.g. dividend reviews, directors loan account monitoring, residential CGT returns.