We have an amazing opportunity for a Project Support Executive working hybrid hours from their Reading Head Quarters. Porsche, we are home to what is, in the extraordinary scale of the automotive world, a small family of passionate enthusiasts - established in 1948 and run in Stuttgart to this day by the same family that bears the company name.
In the UK, we are trusted to represent and care for some of the most exciting, fastest, most advanced and beautiful cars ever created. We work with incredible and often inspiring customers who rightly expect our performance and ambition to match that of our cars.
Being relatively small means we are agile - an environment in which creativity thrives. It also means every one of us makes a difference. When it comes to creating our cars, we sweat the small stuff and we truly care about every part of our business - whether on the road, competing on the track or in styling and dynamics. We are aiming to establish the benchmark in an industry in which the bar is set very high.
About the Role
Porsche prides itself on delivering a first-class ownership experience to its customers. This is of particular importance when customers face the more challenging aspects of vehicle ownership, including roadside assistance and vehicle repair in the event of damage. To maintain a high level of customer experience we must be on the front foot, pioneering new products and processes with our suppliers and stakeholders in order to exceed customers' expectations even in the most difficult of circumstances.
As the Project Support Executive you will be responsible for assisting the development of all aspects of the Support Services business from initial assistance through to repair and onward mobility. Reporting into the Support Services Business Development Manager, you will manage the day-to-day liaison with suppliers, building close relationships to ensure delivery of a highly efficient service, built on the foundations of compliance and continuous improvement.. You will support a range of projects and initiatives to help drive the Support Service business forward. The role will involve an element of travel within the UK, conducting quarterly meetings with our network of 39 repair facilities as well as ad hoc supplier meetings. The specific areas of responsibility may include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Provide a consistent business support function to the department and stakeholders
- Wider departmental project support and development of new concepts
- To be the first line contact for internal and external stakeholders, managing queries and escalating to the Business Development Manager as necessary.
- Monitoring of operating standards and highlighting non-compliance
- Administration of quality audits and data compliance
- Build and maintain relationships with body repair providers, completing quarterly physical visits to review operating compliance and progression of business planning
- Reporting of key performance metrics and trends
What we are looking for?
- Have a passion for delivering support programmes that result in best-in-class customer experience
- Have a an understanding of the automotive aftersales sector. A general understanding of the body repair industry or roadside assistance would be beneficial
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcome
- Have a customer-oriented mindset and understand the value of a strong customer journey
- Have the ability to develop strong working relationships with suppliers at both operational and management level
- Have experience managing multiple stakeholders and direct experience of working with executive level stakeholders as well as drawing on resources from different departments.
- Be able to confidently act as a Porsche subject matter expert relating to roadside assistance and body repair operational topics
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate confidently, with impact and be able to influence to bring people round to your way of thinking
- Be willing to challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas
We are looking for the very best and brightest to join our family of proud, passionate enthusiasts at Porsche Cars Great Britain for what promises to be an incredible journey as we respect our history and embrace our future.
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary, 10% annual bonus scheme, a company funded vehicle, private medical insurance, defined contribution pension scheme, 27 days holiday per year and other attractive benefits.
This is a full time role but we offer agile working policies and the ability to work flexibly.
Naturally, a full driving licence is required.
How to Apply
If you have prior experience in managing or demonstrable topic knowledge in the 'specific areas of responsibility ' and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a premium brand, and would love to join our team then please apply at the link below, attaching a copy of your CV and detailing your current remuneration package.
Due to the high volume of applications we generate for our vacancies, we are regrettably not able to send a personalised reply to every applicant. However, successful candidates will be contacted no later than 2 weeks after the closing date