Clinic exclusively serving US Veterans is seeking a Psychiatrist for its location in Bloomington, IN. This is a four provider clinic. We are currently staffed with a Medical Director, two FT NPs.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who wants a great work/life balance, dedicated patient base of only veterans, no call, no rounds, no after-hours. Clinic hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, matching 401(k), plus up to 8 weeks of time off each year.
- 4 Primary Care Provider clinic
- Two Behavioral Health Providers (Psychiatrist and Psychologist) + LCSWs
- Monday - Friday 8a-5p
- Interviews individual members to assess social and emotional capabilities by examining patients for symptoms of organic, congenital, or acquired disorders and determines nature and extent. Performs comprehensive examinations, referring to diagnostic tests, and utilizes medical instruments and equipment when appropriate. Plans group composition in relation to the personal and social compatibility of members.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Counsels patients on the use of prescription medications and educates patients in relation to treatment plan.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in the provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module).
- Evaluates patient's records from medical providers outside the VA and work with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Selects program appropriate to particular group goals, level of development, needs, capacities, and interests of group members.
- Conducts individual counseling/therapy.
- Conducts group therapy (i.e., PTSD groups; weight management; smoking cessation; grieving; and personal interactions).
- Conducts marriage and family counseling.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' clinical medical practice with adult patients. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Adm