General Ophthalmology clinics southwest of Rochester, MN is seeking an BE/BC Ophthalmologist. These are general ophthalmology practices with specialty interest practice based on candidate expertise.
- Surgical variety is dependent on the candidate s training and comfort with given surgical techniques.
- Opportunities exist for surgical procedures in cataracts, premium IOLs, SLT, MIGS, trabeculectomy, oculoplastics, lacrimal, retinal laser and anti-VEGF injections.
- Primary responsibilities/services provided (including case mix): mix of clinic (Austin and Albert Lea), surgery (Albert Lea), outreach and equal call to cover 24/7 general ophthalmology.
- Inpatient Duties (expectations and volumes): Limited
- Outpatient Duties (expectations and volumes): The current full-time position in Austin/Albert Lea is 5 days a week split between the two campuses. Clinic and surgical volumes may vary, but a full day in the clinic is approximately 30+ patients per day.
There is no teaching/academic/research expectation unless there is expressed interest by the candidate. There may be an opportunity to teach ophthalmology residents in Rochester. Research is not required at this time but encouraged.
You are invited to partner with the nation s best hospital, ranked in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing here provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you including an integrated EHR and collaboration with top specialists to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Ophthalmology
- State licensure in MN
Albert Lea is a community of 18,000 in scenic Southern MN, surrounded by several lakes and located just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis and 60 miles from Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent family amenities include a community focus on education (new high school, superb test scores), 38 city parks, 6 nearby golf courses, cultural events, festivals, performing arts, 250 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, Blazing Star Recreational Trail, and Audubon Nature and Wildlife Preserve. Austin is a community of 23,000 surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south o