Seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist, preferably with ERCP training, to join a well established practice and growing health system. Be a part of the area's leading healthcare provider and the largest employer in the region, encompassing a 215-bed acute care hospital, a multi-specialty clinic, a 49-bed LTAC hospital, five critical access hospitals and thirty clinics which serve as excellent referral sources.
- Ability to step into an already existing high volume practice.
- Currently have 3 GIs and one NP; one physician will be retiring soon.
- Have two dynamic new GIs coming in 2020 and 2022.
- Dedicated GI lab located in Ambulatory Building connected to hospital.
- Clinic, procedure, recovery and physicians offices all in one convenient location.
- Each GI has his/her own room for procedures and clinic.
- Call schedule 1:4.
- Excellent Hospitalist program that admits GI patients.
- Large referral base already established.
- Ability to buy into the surgery center.
- Patient service area of over 350,000 in East Central Mississippi and West Central Alabama.
- Implementing EPIC across the health system.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Health and Dental insurance (Employer/Employee Contribution).
- Disability and life insurance.
- Full medical malpractice insurance, plus reporting endorsement (tail coverage).
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) reimbursement.
- Reimbursement for relevant medical licensure, dues and appropriate subscriptions.
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000
- Paid time off (PTO) of 160 hours per calendar year to be used for vacation, sick time, and CME.
- Excellent compensation and recruitment package available which could include stipends, sign-on bonus or student loan repayment
About the Area:
A mid-sized town with a population of 45 to 50,000, Meridian, MS is commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South. It is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family oriented community with a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating.