Apply for this job now
Physician / Cardiology - General / Oregon / Permanent / General Cardiology opening with award winnin
- Medford, Oregon
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Cardiology group in beautiful southern Oregon is seeking a well-trained, board eligible/board certified General Cardiologist with expertise in consultative cardiology and echocardiography. Cardiac catheterization skills and nuclear, CT, and/or MRI imaging would be useful but are not mandatory. Visa candidates are welcome to apply.
We offer a competitive salary, relocation reimbursement, health/dental/vision insurance, paid malpractice, paid CME and 4 week vacation.
About the Group:
Join a well-respected cardiology practice that has been recognized for excellence in patient care for more than 40 years!. The group has 10 general invasive cardiologists, 4 interventional cardiologists and 2 electrophysiologists who work closely with 2 cardiothoracic surgeons at the Regional Medical Center. We are the sole cardiology providers for the Health System. We serve 600,000 patients from counties in southern Oregon and northern California (an area larger than the state of Massachusetts). Ten outlying hospitals transfer patients to us.
Cardiology Program Facts:
• Cardiology conference every Wednesday morning for case review and presentations.
• All cardiologists participate in the call schedule and schedule is divided equitably by demand and discipline.
• Robust demand for general, STEMI, EP and IC services with a patient population that draws from 9 counties throughout southern Oregon and northern California.
• Certified echo, nuclear cardiology, and cardiac CT programs.
• Busy interventional cardiology program including 165 STEMI patients and 581 coronary interventions in 2018, 310 TAVR patients since February 2015, ASD/PFO closure program, and initiation of a MitraClip and Percutaneous Mitral Valve-in-Valve program begun in April 2019
• Full-service electrophysiology program including Watchman and VT ablation.
• Cardiothoracic surgery program performed 575 open-heart surgeries last year.
• Clinical research opportunities available with two clinical research nurses to facilitate studies.6. Collegial atmosphere with assigned transition assistance mentor for all newly joining cardiologists.
• Collaborative, team-based approach to patient care.
• One-year partnership track position.
Award Winning Health System:
The Health System has won many awards and multiple medical centers and hospitals in the area. IBM Watson Health has recognized it as a Top 15 Health System for 8 years in a row. We were also named an IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals out of 989 hospitals. All three Hospitals have earned Medicare/Medicaid 5 stars (only 5 of 62 Oregon hospitals have earned a five sta
- Job Reference: 707093567-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Britt Medical Search
- Location: Medford, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent