We are currently seeking a Physician/Division Chair - OB/GYN to lead the medical multidisciplinary activities of the Department. The role of the Chief will be to pursue the full development of the department in terms of quality of care, volume, scope of services and cost-effectiveness, and to organize and manage the overall physician component of the program.
Be a part of a healthcare organization specializing in whole-person health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. We focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients.
Patient Care Responsibilities (70% of your time):
- Responsible for providing and managing direct OB/GYN medical services including assessing and managing patients following established standards and practices.
- Perform physical examinations using appropriate medical equipment, instruments, and tests; obtain medical history and documentation; and instruct patients regarding diagnosis, medications, and treatments.
- Additionally, perform procedures as necessitated by the patient's condition, order or perform various tests and analyses to provide information on the patient's condition, and diagnose the patient's condition based on exam, tests, and reports.
- Prescribe and/or administer medications and treatments as appropriate to the patient's assessed medical conditions, refer patients to community resources or medical specialists as appropriate for counseling or specialized diagnosis or treatment, and educate patients regarding overall health and illness prevention.
Administrative Responsibilities (30% of your time):
- Partners with CMO to oversee all aspects of the multidisciplinary care within OBGYN.
- Develops, coordinates and provides input on the development and maintenance of practice guidelines, policies, and methodologies for department specific patient care.
- Demonstrates consistent, efficient, cost effective, quality car