Medical Center, a 473 bed tertiary academic center located on the scenic CT shoreline, is seeking an experienced leader in Neurocritical care to further develop Neurocritical care capabilities in desirable Fairfield County. With the support of the neuroscience department, you will lead a Neurocritical Care center in the region that will further the mission to provide the highest level of care to patients with complex Neurological and Neurosurgical illnesses in Fairfield County. This is an opportunity to grow and lead a state of the art Neurocritical care service.
- Medical Center will provide tertiary care Neuroscience service for in-patients
- Capabilities include Interventional Endovascular Neurosurgery, Long Term Monitoring and RAPID CT Perfusion Imaging
- Neurointensivist and Critical Care teams provide care throughout the unit
Help build a growing Neurocritical care service
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our students, and advanced practitioners
- Participate in all our Neuroscience Critical Care and other Neuroscience meetings (CQI conferences, Journal Clubs, Neuroscience Grand Rounds, Quality and Guideline meetings, Council meetings)
- Faculty appointments at UCONN and Quinnipiac University
- Participate in cutting edge clinical research projects funded by NINDS and other sponsors
The program enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of 135 Neuroscience physicians and advanced practitioners with training and expertise in the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neurocritical care, neuro ophthalmology and general neurology.
Hospital is a Joint-Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and Stroke Gold Plus achievement award winner and the Largest Stroke Center in New England. HealthCare System is the largest integrated health care system in CT with 2 tertiary academic Hospitals including the highest volume stroke center in New England. We also have five community hospitals, and a large multi-specialty medical group employing nearly 1,000 physicians practicing in 150 state of the art ambulatory locations throughout southern New England.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer highly competitive compensation, including incentives, one of the finest benefits offerings in the northeast including generous paid time off and retirement plans, robust academic and research opportunities. We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Physician Leadership Development program.