At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Trainer, Ops Training
Location: Richmond, CA
Pay Rate: $22.50/HR
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hours, Swing Shift
Do you enjoy facilitating and implementing data driven training solutions that will directly contribute to organizational growth and strategy alignment across a large, diverse, and geographically dispersed workforce? The Ops Training Team is seeking a Trainer to join our growing organization. This role will work as a liaison between training and operations to ensure that Distribution Center (DC) training needs are being addressed with impactful and measurable solutions.
Reporting to the Ops Training Manager, the Trainer will be responsible for overseeing daily training operational activities within the DC which includes the following: assist in managing training requests received from the business, facilitate classroom and on-the-job training, and conduct one-on-one coaching sessions with DC associates to support their development. This role will work side by side with cross-functional teams within the DC to help implement training products and support in process improvements. A successful candidate in this role will thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, high-growth environment, enjoys problem solving, and will have a passion around training and developing others.
- Promote food safety, quality, and a safety-first culture through training and development activities within the DC
- Train, Cross-Train or Re-Train Training Ambassadors, Associates, and Frontline Leaders using network standard training methods such as classroom, On-the-Job (OJT), and Powered Industrial Equipment (PIT) practical training
- Assist the Training Specialist in monitoring the training request intake system to help schedule training within the DC to accommodate incoming training requests
- Help support internal change management processes for new training products or process improvement initiatives
- Continuously observe and provide feedback to Training Ambassadors and new associates to support their growth and development within the organization
- Support training coordination efforts which include scheduling training and recording training completion
- Share and exchange best practices with other Trainers and Training Ambassadors within the DC
- Work with multiple leaders to calmly and effectively communicate or escalate issues through the proper channels for resolution
- Conduct Tours of the DC for new associates and frontline leaders
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages frontline leaders and associates to ask questions, provide feedback, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Scheduling Flexibility (days, nights, weekends, holidays) to support business need
- Ability to read and write in English
- Basic Mathematics Skills
- Experience using the Google Business Suite
- Proficient in basic computer and tablet skills including email
- Training in Powered Industrial Equipment to the latest OSHA standards preferred but not required
- Competitive Pay & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn