Management Accountant Fast Growth Premium Sports Brand
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Staff Discounts!
Manchester City Centre
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to start this newly created role. Our client is a highly regarded lifestyle and sports brand who work with some of the best sports clubs of all kinds. You will be joining at a very exciting time for the business as they expand internationally, along with opening up more stores across the UK.
You will report into the Senior Finance Manager. As the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring transactions are correctly recorded in our accounting system in order to produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts. The role will also provide support to other areas of the finance team and require an outgoing, commercially minded business partner who enjoys making great relationships across all areas of the business!
- Involved in the end-to-end period-end process, you will be responsible for a number of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts, which will involve posting journals and calculating accruals & prepayments
- Maintain balance sheet control through preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, including flagging risks and opportunities
- To provide accurate, relevant and timely management information, including commentary to senior management to monitor the performance and assist decision making.
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance and audit schedules
- Input into the monthly forecasts and annual budget processes as required
- Constantly review and question current processes and improve upon them as necessary to ensure that they are strong and month end is as efficient as possible.
Knowledge & Skills/Experience:
- Finalist / Qualified Accountant CIMA/ ACA / ACCA
- Previous experience within a Retail / FMCG finance team
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Proactive self starter who thrives on being fully accountable for their work
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage fast changing priorities
- Strong communication skills to be able to present to non finance senior stakeholders
- Enjoy being part of a team