We Are Hiring:
Full Time, Days
Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford
Up to 7K Sign On Bonus
We are a 36 bed unit who care for a diverse patient population including those diagnosed with MI, CHF, Stroke, Respiratory Failure, Kidney Failure, and\or are otherwise acutely ill. We will have tech support on the unit. LPNs will assist various cardiac drips, bipaps, highflow oxygen, insulin drips, and PD while collaborating and coordinating care across many departments. Our PCU Unit is committed to the highest standards of quality and excellence. The unit provides preceptors and clinical rotations for all levels of nursing education. The team works collaboratively to create an atmosphere of healing with open and honest communication. Our care team works side by side with physicians to provide care to a highly acute population.
We have a unique opportunity to offer that will ensure a longevity career path for you in our organization. Our LPN to RN bridge program allows full time employees to receive upfront payment to your bridge program while receiving support and a guaranteed job by Ascension.
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is a 358 bed facility, the leading healthcare provider in Rutherford County and we continue to grow our services in order to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. You will work side by side with the best nursing staff and teammates while receiving top notch training to further your long-term career with Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford.
At Saint Thomas Rutherford, we offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
We are looking for engaged and positive people to help find ways to change healthcare for the future- if this is you, apply today so we can start the conversation!
What You Will Do:
Provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients and assure the well-being of patients.
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.