Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at .
Research, preparation, abstraction and execution of leases and other legal documents accurately and timely to assist in meeting the companys expansion goal for new stores and relocations. Provide support within Real Estate Legal and other Company Growth subgroups as assigned.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Abstract extensive information from the executed lease and lease modification agreements and enter into Real Estate Manager (REM) to be used by the Lease Administration Department for rent payment, lease compliance and maintenance responsibilities, exclusive use restrictions, as well as contact information and financial metrics to Finance for straight line rent information. (25%)
- Preparation and execution of build to suit leases based on negotiated lease terms approved by the Real Estate Committee using the standard lease document and execution of conventional leases prepared by outside council. (25%)
- Preparation, execution and tracking of lease modification agreements and memorandum of leases for new and relocation leases as required and approved. (20%)
- Timely preparation of estoppels and subordination non-disturbance agreements after researching the legal documents in lease file, to insure lease compliance. (15%)
- Update Store Life Cycle Management (SLM) system summary page, schedule, forms and document folders with required data and documents. (10%)
- Update key fields and document folders in SLM and REM with information for the fee for development program, company-owned store locations and other matters as assigned to assist the Sr. Director, Real Estate Legal. (5%)
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate with Landlords, Office and Field Staff and prepare legal documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to maximize work productivity and assist in obtaining departmental goals.
- Ability to operate PC in a Windows environment using multiple programs.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a manner and with results that reflect company mission and values.
- Ability to be a team player and is customer service driven.
- Ability to conduct work as a professional.
- Ability to understand and interpret lease language.
- Ability to multi-task to be successful in a high-productive, deadline-oriented environment
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
College degree in business or related field and at least two (2) years experience in legal, lease administration, or related field preferred. Four (4) years of experience in legal or lease administration may be substituted for degree.
CC Requisition ID: 241
Street: 100 MISSION RDG
External Company URL: