Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.What You'll Do
Serve as the liaison between the hotel operating departments and the client. Strive to achieve a balance between service and the profitability of the organization. Effectively communicate and coordinate all aspects of conference planning. Your goal is to capture the hotel's fair share of revenue through food, beverage, room rental and auxiliary services, such as audio visual provisions, storage and labor fees.Some of your responsibilities include:
What You Bring
- Coordinate menu arrangements for conference clients that maximize the revenue potential for the hotel, while serving the needs of the client, and submit to the Director of Catering for review and signature.
- Assist conference clients with off-premise (hotel) details as they may affect the hotel service delivery, such as floral concerns, motor coach requests, limousine requests, exhibit decorator requests, entertainment referrals, and golf or sports arrangements.
- Maintain accurate and current space (room) blocks in the group function log, observing accurate turnovers and releasing space appropriately and timely, so to maximize the booking of other business opportunities and revenue.
- Support revenue growth potential by assessing/monitoring room rental fees, electrical charges, telephone charges, box delivery/storage fees, service fees and other revenue-generating factors in accordance with the sales contract and with regard to hotel policies.
- Prospecting, outside sales calls, and networking events are essential to meet goals and budget.
- Coordinate pre-planning meetings or a pre-conference meeting for the operational departments, and prepare an accurate Conference Profile that details a particular conference
- Provide a comprehensive Post Conference Report on all conferences, and review all client invoices prior to mailing to ensure accuracy and accurate assessment of all services and goods rendered by the hotel.
- Adhere to all organization policies, procedures, guidelines as set forth by the People & Culture department.
- 2+ years' experience in Catering Sales/Conference Management.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing and client requests.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, you may have to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times (as we all do!)
- Maintain flexible hours to accommodate customer and business needs.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.