• Post 9/11 Military Veteran with an Honorable discharge, OR currently serving in the National Guard/Reserve
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Available to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
• In this role, under direct supervision and with mentoring and guidance, the IT Support technician provides remote technical support to end users of company workstations, personal computers, hardware, software, peripherals and mobile/cellular devices.
• You will respond to standard questions, issues and problems reported via phone, chat or Instant Messengers.
• May investigate and respond to standard requests for information as well as IT issues, questions and problems.
• Assignments are directed at gaining experience in basic techniques and procedures for handling service, issues, questions and problems arising in the day to day use of individual workstations, computers, hardware and software.
• Ideal candidate will be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Provides remote technical support for standard configurations of workstations, personal computers and associated hardware and software.
• Troubleshoots standard software and hardware questions, issues, problems and failures via telephone, chat or Instant Messenger.
• Identifies complex issues, questions and problems and refers them to more senior staff or other IT groups for investigation and resolution.
• Screens, diagnoses and resolves or refers specific assigned inquiries and work requests received via phone, chat or Instant Messenger, related to maintenance of personal computers, workstations, software and associated hardware; refers those requests to appropriate IT staff for resolution.
• May work with other members of the staff to resolve more complex matters.
• Works to develop an understanding of standard issues, questions and problems with standard workstations, personal computers, software and associated hardware and the resolutions to those matters.
• Follows policies, procedures and standards in responding to end user requests and providing end user support.
• Documents and reports all service requests and their outcome, following standard procedures and practices.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate and assigned.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or currently serving in the National Guard/Reserve preferred
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required and some relevant experience preferred
• At least one Microsoft or Cisco Certification is preferred
• Experience with MacOS.
• Experience with Linux.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10 and Office 365) and applications.
• Knowledge of personal computer technology and hardware as well as cellular telephones.
• Knowledge of the M.I.S. environment
• Knowledge of M.A.C. (Moves, Adds and Changes) and Virtual Desktop preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• An aptitude for identifying, analyzing and resolving common technical issues, questions and problems with the personal computers, workstations, software and associated hardware
• Ability to write documents and procedure manuals
• Full-Time (40 hours/Week)
• On-Call rotation (Nights/Weekends/Holidays)
• Individual MUST be available to work one of the following shifts:
• Monday-Friday, 5:00am-9:00pm
• Monday-Wednesday & Saturday-Sunday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
• Free Individual Health Insurance
• Free Training (Program specific)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Company Holidays
• Education Assistance/Reimbursement (Toward first degree - Bachelors/Associates)
• Individual Mentor
• 401k Retirement Savings
• Farmers Branch, TX
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from historically underrepresented communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. This includes people of color, first-generation college graduates, veterans and early-career aspirants.
Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 6000+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org