We are working with an international company to recruit their first HR Manager for their UK manufacturing operations and work closely with the UK based senior management team. A stand alone role that will be responsible for the effective running of the company's HR including the management of all policies and processes whilst supporting line managers and approximately 90 employees across 2 sites. We are looking for candidates with solid generalist HR experience, ideally having been a HR Manager for an SME.
The business is open to somebody working full time or the equivalent of 4 days per week. The full time salary will be circa £45,000 + bonus. The role will be based in Berkhamsted but with some travel as required to a second site in the Midlands.
Duties to include:
- Compile, roll out and communicate consistent HR policy and procedures across the business.
- Develop and implement sound employee relations policies and practices to ensure that good working relationships are maintained.
- Review and develop reward strategies and structures for all employees, including management of the annual pay review process.
- Develop and maintain performance management processes and associated training plans
- Provide advice and support to line managers in all matters of employment law and other employment issues.
- Develop and manage HR administration systems and procedures to meet the needs of the business
- Provide expert guidance and support to line management in developing a business culture of continuous improvement and high performance, through development of appropriate individual and team development interventions.
- Prepare and manage HR budgets.
- Manage and implement all other projects as may be required.
- Resource high calibre staff in line with business needs, through appropriate use of advertising, search and other media and professional selection methods.
- Oversee the outsourced payroll (monthly) including accurate recording of overtime and any amendments to pay and benefits
- Strong generalist HR experience
- Ideally experience of working in a stand alone HR role
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law
- Car owner - able to drive to 2nd site in Midlands
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.