Essential Job Functions:
• Promote and maintain efficient and courteous service to customers at all times.
• Supervise and monitor the front-end managers, computer room operators, cashier, courtesy clerks, and Gas-n-Go.
• Coordinate pickup lanes and maintain security of safe and change fund and oversee safe counts and the weekly safe report.
• Be knowledgeable of, enforce, and be accountable for security policies and procedures for store safe. This includes safe combinations and keys as they are entrusted to you.
• Oversee cash pickups and deposits and ensure they are properly handled, as well as voids and refunds.
• Oversee check cashing procedures and ensure they are handled properly.
• Monitor and promote Valucard policies
• Prepare schedules for front end associates on a weekly basis ensuring they are posted by company deadline. Enforce and schedule all proper breaks as well.
• Enforce all front-end policies and procedures including dress code, attendance, etc.
• Maintain all supplies for front end, as well as candy and tobacco products.
• Monitor over/short and make sure the proper managers are notified of issues and disciplinary action is taken when required.
• Know, follow, and enforce all state and local laws, as well as company policies and procedures relating to alcohol and tobacco sales, lotto, WIC, charge accounts, debit, credit, EBT cards, and gift cards.
• Follow and oversee proper procedures for selling money orders, money transfers, postage stamps, coin machines, hunting and fishing licenses, rentals, and promotional tickets.
• Know, follow, and enforce all anti-money laundering (AML) policies and money service business (MSB) compliance.
• Understand how to submit a completed weekly sales report
• Any other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
• Previous management experience
• Ability to conduct self in a professional manner
• Maintain a strict level confidentiality with company and associate's information
• Ability to communicate effectively to associates of all levels via verbal and written communication
• Effective at training associates with varying learning styles
• Must be Organized, Dependable, and Self-motivated
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis.
?Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to 'run the best store in town.' Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.