West Benson,Sioux Falls, SD Shift:
Days, Rotating Weekend Job Schedule:
First PREMIER Bank Varied Hours between Monday-Friday 7:15am-5:45pm Saturdays 8:45am-12:15pm (3-4 closing a week, 2-3 Saturdays per month) About the Role
First PREMIER Bank is looking for enthusiastic and customer service driven individuals to join our Retail Banking team! As a teller you will manage a cash drawer and balance it daily according to teller performance standards. You will keep accurate record of money and negotiable instruments involved in customer transactions. Our retail team provides PREMIER customer service while handling customer transactions and questions. Comprehensive Training
Week One: Classroom Training & HR sessions which will include First PREMIER Bank history, regulatory excellence, products, and services.
Weeks Two and Three: Side-by-side with an experienced teller for hands on training.
Training schedule may vary from opening shifts to closing shifts to encompass all responsibilities within Retail Teller Services that will be covered during the training phase. Upon completion of the training phase, you will have been provided the tools to succeed and be on your way to building your career with First PREMIER Bank. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Provides PREMIER customer service by greeting all customers promptly, processing transactions accurately and efficiently, maintaining confidentiality, and understanding the features and benefits of First PREMIER Banks products and services.
- Processes customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cashing of checks, redemption of savings bonds, acceptance of payments (loans, credit card, credit lines, etc.), issuance of Cashiers Checks and Gift Cards.
- Assists customers with problems, questions, check re-orders, and maintenance by looking up account information, completing service events, and scanning customers identification.
- Manages assigned cash drawer(s) by clipping and strapping currency, buying and selling currency, balancing daily, and researching and resolving cash unit differences; being sure to follow all cash handling procedures.
- Performs the branch opening and closing duties independently.
- Maintains operational standards by staying up to date on all policies, procedures, and compliance topics.
- Provide weekly coverage as scheduled once school commitments are set and taken into consideration for scheduling purposes.
- Assist with daily and monthly reports such as Teller Difference, Mail/Instrument Counts, Record Retention, etc.
- Provide daily teller line coverage as scheduled.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; being able to communicate both in person and on the phone.
- Combination of education/experience that would enable incumbent to meet essential functions and required competencies of the position.
- Cash handling, customer service and/or banking experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency of the English language.
- Ability to concentrate and work independently. Capacity to learn, adapt to change, and become proficient quickly.
- Ability to handle stress, exercise self-control, adhere to company policies and procedures and uphold the PREMIER Way.
At First PREMIER Bank and PREMIER Bankcard, we've created a culture that emphasizes personal success, respect, health and wellness, fun and giving back. This is an environment where you will be rewarded, valued and celebrated for your hard work. We provide our employees a robust and expanded package of health benefits, incentives, growth and career advancement opportunities and some pretty epic partiesfrom concerts by big-name artists to giving away cars. We believe in investing in our employees, their families and our communities.
In addition to our outstanding base wage earnings & incentives, PREMIER also offers a competitive benefits package. Check out an in-depth look at PREMIER benefits !
- Full medical benefitsfor 20+ hours/week withFREEdental and vision coverage.
- Generous time off plans includingPTO, Sick Pay, and Bonus Days.
- 401(k) dollar-for-dollar match up to5%of total compensation, 100% associate-owned
- Employee Wellness Program
- Special discounts and offers for events at theDenny Sanford PREMIER Center.
- Paid Community Volunteer Hours - PREMIER averages30,000 hoursof volunteer hours per year!
- Fun employee parties !
To ensure timely communication during the application process, please ensure that the "My Presence" portion of your profile is kept current. This should include your most recent phone number and email address. Additionally, please upload any relevant documentation, such as a cover letter and resume. Initial contact will be made via email. Please check your email regularly for any updates or sign in at to view any status changes.
Neither First PREMIER Bank nor PREMIER Bankcard, LLC discriminates in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or status within any other protected group.