You could be joining one of the country's leading PropTech companies that have revolutionised the way we find property for rent and sale and working on apps that are used by millions on a daily basis.
As a Front End Development Manager you'll support great team working, set the technical standards and direction and grow strong communities of technical practice whilst continually seeking improvements in the product development lifecycle with a focus on frontend development.
You'll coach and develop your team (of around 12-14), providing code reviews, mentoring and to 1-2-1s; driving a culture of expertise and quality with high technical standards and continuous improvement. You'll help engineers to manage technical debt, anticipate and mitigate any risks and explore new ways to deliver frequently and safely into production.
This is a senior role with plenty of stakeholder liaison as part of the management team, you'll interact closely with the business and influence the technology decisions in collaboration with other Engineering Managers across different teams.
There's currently a remote interview and onboarding process, following that you'll join colleagues in the London office for 2 days a weeks with flexibility to work from home the rest of the week.
- You have a good understanding of modern software architecture
- You have excellent stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- You have an excellent knowledge of software engineering best practice and Agile ways of working
- You're comfortable with complex problem solving and understand the wider impact of architectural decisions on the platform ensuring that security, privacy, resilience and scalability are at the forefront of decision-making
- You're able to create and engineering culture where the team feel empowered and enabled to try new things, fail and start again
- You have excellent communication, collaboration and facilitation skills
As a Front End Development Manager you will earn a competitive salary (to £110k) plus benefits.