Meraki Talent are engaged on an excellent permanent opportunity for a Financial Accountant based in Edinburgh (hybrid working) paying £60,000 - £70,000 plus a really competitive benefits package.
This international business has a huge thirst for excellence both internally and externally. Externally, it's always looking to remain tip of the sword through M&A opportunities, global expansion or vertical market growth. Internally, it ensures it walks the walk by investing substantially in its infrastructure, people, training systems and technology.
The position of Financial Accountant is a pivotal role in the structure as the linchpin between financial accounting, finance operations and process/continuous improvement initiatives/projects. The role without doubt has the ability to gravitate upwards within the structure and become a management position within the near future.
The key role components will include:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance with a dotted line to the Finance Director
- Involvement in several high value & profile process/continuous improvement iniatvies & projects
- Leading the statutory accounts, returns & compliance process
- Working closely with operational finance and transactional finance to produce effective monthly reporting packs that can be used to add value and influence decision making
- Liaising and working closely with the VAT & Taxation teams
- Leading and mentoring part-qualified Accountants
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures, controls & systems
The role of Financial Accountant is based in Edinburgh but with hybrid and flexible working. The position will offer:
- £60,000 - £70,000 base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible and hybrid working
We are seeking a qualified Accountant that has strong financial accounting experience and a desire to constant evolve and develop the finance function so it provides the utmost value to the business. This isn't a role that would suit a Technical Accountant with their comfort zone being behind a computer screen as stakeholder interaction, engagement and mentoring aspiring part-qualified Accountants is essential.
Please don't hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this excellent permanent opportunity.