As an Event Manager based in Hemel Hempstead, your exciting new role would be to support the Head of Events in the planning and staging of their corporate events, and you will be focusing on Consultancy.
My client is a reputable and established professional body who focus on intelligence provider across health, care and education. They are currently searching for a 2 months Temporary Events Manager, and in return, they will offer you the support of their friendly and experienced team who will share their passion and know-how for events!
As an Event Manager based in Hemel Hempstead, your exciting new role would be to support the Head of Events in the planning and staging of their corporate events! Please note there are times, such as the day before and the day of a conference, where you will be required to be on-site.
Responsibilities of the Event Manager:
- You will be managing both in person and online events to make sure that the events are smooth and that customer service is delivered to good quality throughout
- Work closely with the Event Content Lead to make sure that the event programme is finalised and speakers are all confirmed
- Liaising with speakers on their participating in the event and ensuring that they have all necessary communication
- Liaising with venues to deal with catering, set up, etc
- Budget control alongside Head of Events to make sure that all costs are maintained and profits are maximised where possible
- On-site event management or virtual management to make sure that all logistical elements are managed to a high quality
- Working closely with the Event Executives to produce event material (including guides, chair packs, sponsorship brochures and briefing documents)
- Post-event analysis reports
My client is looking for an Events Manager with experience of working within an Events environment. You will have sound knowledge of the Events sector, suppliers, services, budget management experience, excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail!
- Experience in virtual events e.g Zoom, Teams or similar
- Multi-task and a self-starter. You will be able to manage and prioritise your own workload with the minimum of supervision
- Project management. You will be able to assist with planning projects and implementing those plans
- Excellent administrative skills. You will be competent and experienced in diary management, correspondence, electronic filing as well as presentation
- Sound knowledge of the Events sector, suppliers, services and venues
- Ability to work well under pressure
- An outgoing personality, with a confident and positive attitude
- Must be able to travel to Events which may require overnight stay
Benefits package for the Events Manager:
- 2 Month Temporary Contract To Start Off With. There will be potential to extend this or offer you a permanent contract depending on the circumstances
- Daily rate between £185.00 - £210.00 DOE
- Ongoing training and support throughout
- Hybrid working