Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Director, Compliance Risk Management - Life, Annuity & Health Insurance to work a hybrid schedule from one of our regional offices in San Antonio TX, Charlotte NC, Tampa FL, Plano TX, Colorado Springs CO or Phoenix AZ.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual onsite days are agreed upon between each employee and the employee's manager.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the regulatory environment.
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for business unit project/process/product initiatives.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of degree (12 years in lieu of degree)
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with life, annuity or health compliance.
- Experience managing exams, state data calls and reporting.
- Experience interacting with state regulators.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards .
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.