Purpose of Job
This is a Hybrid role we are seeking a Compliance Risk Manager Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Plano, TX and Charlotte, NC facility.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key partners, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and may represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelors degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years relevant experience in compliance, risk, legal or audit within the financial services or insurance industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 5 years of work experience compliance oversight, monitoring (QA), testing (QC) or audit departments at a large complex financial institution
- Ability to assess the needs of various departments to provide oversight and effective challenge of FLOD and SLOD monitoring plans.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Builds strong relationships with FLOD and SLOD partners to drive effective monitoring plans and successful demonstration of effective monitoring routines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to prepare reports and presentations for executive management
- Bachelor's degree required
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800-$192,300
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.