Purpose of Job
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Risk Manager Lead to work a hybrid schedule from one of our regional offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are performed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities, and potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge, and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs, and delivers compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and may represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Implements compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical guide regarding compliance laws and regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 years total).
- 8 or more years relevant experience in compliance, risk, legal or audit within the financial services or insurance industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations.
- Shown ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience performing SLOD oversight at a large complex financial institution, including execution of compliance risk assessments and compliance monitoring activities.
- Solid understanding of Compliance Management Systems (CMS) to include issues management, regulatory change management, policies and procedures, and risk and control identification.
- Strong (oral and written) communication with partners/executive leadership to provide effective reporting and guidance on compliance risk matters.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800-$192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning, and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.