Complex/Loss Sensitive Casualty Underwriter (Senior or AVP)
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior or AVP Market-Facing Underwriter to join our Middle Market Complex Casualty team. We are looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills that has experience working with Brokers in a specified region. In this role, you will be working with our complex/loss sensitive casualty products and managing a renewal book along with being responsible for bringing in new business. We are open to hiring talent located anywhere in the US. While this position will be based out of one of our US offices, you will have the flexibility to work both in the office and remotely. You will partner with your manager to set a flexible work schedule that supports you, our customers, and our brokers and agents. This role will require you to be visible in the marketplace to meet with our agents and brokers.
This role will be filled at either the Senior or AVP underwriting level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicants experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
This is a highly technical and market-facing position. Experience with Casualty lines of business is needed for this role. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels.
Our Underwriters are market-facing with objectives focused on profitable growth and superior service to our broker partners and customers.
Our Complex/Loss Sensitive Casualty Underwriter is responsible for:
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing domestic Complex and Loss Sensitive Casualty business
- Market facing and production activities
- Complying with underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on complex assignments
Complex/Loss Sensitive Senior Casualty Underwriter (III) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Brokerage or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Complex/Loss Sensitive Casualty AVP Underwriter (Level IV) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Brokerage or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Preferred Qualifications (Senior/Executive Level):
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed Remotely in any US state
- Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of Domestic Complex Casualty
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong broker relationships within a specified region
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation.
- Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
The salary range for this role at the Senior Underwriter III level is $100,900-$126,100.The salary range for this role at the AVP, Underwriter level is $127,400-$159,200. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performedremotely in any US state/Denver/New York City.Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensationuntil such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere () to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Atlanta, AM - New York, AM - Remote Work (US), AM - Dallas, AM - Overland Park, AM - Chicago, AM - Omaha, AM - Philadelphia, AM - San Francisco, AM - Houston, AM - Los Angeles, AM - Owings Mills, AM - Rocky Hill, AM - Maitland, AM - Seattle, AM - Denver, AM - Edina, AM - Fresno, AM - Irvine, AM - Jersey City, AM - Pittsburgh, AM - Sacramento, AM - Washington DC, AM - Charlotte, AM - Independence, AM - Nashville, AM - Phoenix, AM - San Diego, AM - Austin, AM - Cincinnati, AM - Memphis, AM - Milwaukee, AM - Minneapolis, AM - Pasadena, AM - San Antonio, AM - Scottsdale, AM - St. Louis, AM - Brookfield, AM - Hartford, AM - Hoboken, AM - Madison, AM - Morristown, AM - Orange County, AM - St. Paul, AM - Westchester
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: