Concept Resourcing are delighted to be working with a growing organisation as they look to recruit a Commercial Manager to their team. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, this role will be responsible for:
- Agreement and placing of contracts and purchase orders with supply chain partners
- Forecasting monthly cash requirements
- Assessment and reporting of monthly 'Work In Progress' value
- Management of the commercial transaction process during the delivery of contracted works
- Preparation of Early Warnings and Compensation Events for client contracts
- Assessment of Compensation Events for subcontracts.
- Management of 3rd party claims
- Supporting and advising on commercial disputes
- Preparation of commercial management reports
- Assessment and management of the commercial risk for existing and new initiatives
- Management of supplier / contractor reviews
- Preservation and improvement of company commercial procedures and policies
- Adherence to finance and commercial regulatory guidelines.
- Aiding the preparation of upstream business tenders' submissions to potential new clients.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Understanding of the implications of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Commercial management of NEC construction contract or other forms of construction contracts
- Understanding of utility civil engineering construction techniques
- Understanding of Financial management process (cost forecasting, P&L preparation, balance sheet management, cash flow management, WIP assessment, debt management)
- Understanding of construction programme / project management techniques
- Use of commercial management systems eg. CEMAR
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Project Management, or other Engineering Discipline
- NEC 3 / 4 project management training (desirable)
- Experience in a utilities civil engineering QS / Commercial Manager role
- Construction cost estimating (use of rate cards / schedules, design take-off's, risk provision)
- Management of Compensation events / departure from estimate claims
- Familiarity with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems.
- Familiarity with the Telecoms sector contractors but not essential
- Familiarity with fibre broadband wholesale and retail companies but not essential
- Ideally procurement of goods and services experience
Initially this will be a standalone role but with the view of growing the team.
This role is being recruited on a hybrid basis, and with offices located in the North West or London, candidates will be considered or either location. Salary will be based on experience c£60k upwards plus bonus and other benefits.