The Chef must be reliable and fully competent in all aspects of kitchen duties and be able to produce a variety of menus, including catering for special dietary needs, whilst not exceeding the budget. Apprenticeship opportunities availableMain duties:
• Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.• Prepare menu in line with allocated food budget. • Prepare, cook and serve meals chosen by the Service Users from the menu for the day, using stock as required as economically as possible, whilst maintaining the quality without undue shortages or excesses • Liaise with chosen suppliers on ordering the required stock whilst maintaining the budget. • To document daily menus.• Store all food safely. Rotate stock and check 'use by' dates regularly • Ensure kitchen equipment is kept clean and ready for use and ensure that all cleaning rotas are completed and handed to the Person in Charge.• Assist the Care Manager in the resolution of any Service Users' catering complaints.• Supervise the kitchen staff and assist with the induction and training programme for new staff and participate in staff reviews and supervisions. • To be aware of risks to the Service Users from the kitchen equipment.• Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention.Person Specification:Professional
• The Cook/Chef will hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate. They will also show a willingness to participate in continuous improvement and vocational training programmes.• Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.Experience
• Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.• Genuine interest in working in a care environment.General
• Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.• Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player. • Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you'd expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
• Training support and development opportunities• 5.6 weeks annual leave• Fully funded training• Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses• Car through salary sacrifice• Free parking• Cycle to Work scheme• NEST pension plan• Nurse and carer referral scheme• Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service• Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards"Maria Mallaband Care Group's main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a Covid-19 vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government's UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy."