Business Unit: Group Risk
Salary: £51,500 - £67,800 DOE
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We're on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We're also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
Here's what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red-Hot Rewards from day one!
As a Change Risk Oversight Manager, you'll be responsible for providing expert advice on Virgin Money's approach to managing change risk in line with UK regulatory and legal requirements and industry best practice. You'll provide expert opinion, guidance, oversight and independent challenge of change risk across the Group to ensure compliance with our Change Risk Framework and the Risk Management Framework. You'll also provide input and evidence in reports on the performance of the control environment to the relevant management committees.
The role reports to the Senior Manager of Change Risk Oversight and sits in the Operational & Resilience Risk area that also oversees Operational Risk, Technology & Cyber Risk, 3rd Party Risk, Resilience & Payment Risk and People Risk. The role works closely with all other areas of Risk in delivery of its plan.
Day to day you'll :
- Execute Risk's oversight on change risk, on a risk basis, using a wide network of senior stakeholders and other stakeholders across the Group.
- Ensure all related risks and issues arising from business change are identified, assessed, managed and reported.
- Report the outcomes of oversight activity to Executive level and key stakeholders.
- Support the Senior Change Risk Oversight Manager on reporting to Regulators on Change Risk.
- Establish, maintain and produce MI to monitor and action risk issues arising during the project lifecycle from key change initiatives.
- Establish, maintain and develop best practice risk management procedures in the oversight of business change to ensure accurate and consistent risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide and support the provision of expert opinion, guidance, oversight and independent challenge of change risk across the Group to ensure compliance with our Change Risk Framework and RMF.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with 1st and 3rd Line of Defence teams as well as other Risk areas to ensure alignment of activity and share findings and opinion.
- Production of high quality and insightful reporting.
- Monitor risk appetite limits and maintain Change Risk owned policies, processes and systems so these are achieved.
- Lead on the delivery of focused pieces of thematic work covering aspects of the project lifecycle, agreeing actions and reporting to senior management.
- Undertake due diligence and contract risk assessment oversight as required
- Manage the implementation of best practice risk management procedures that meet regulatory requirements.
- Ownership and stewardship for design, implementation and further development of risk frameworks, processes, models and/or systems.
- Monitor the performance of the business and provide early warning of adverse risk trends and emerging risks.
There are a few essentials you need to bring:
- Experience in project management with good working knowledge of Agile and experience in change risk management.
- Extensive Risk Management experience, covering different elements of the risk management framework.
- Experience and process design and control automation
- Experience within the Financial Services industry gained over several years and in a variety of roles.
- Track record of building relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders including those outside of direct area of influence.
- Natural ability to influence at a senior manager level
- Experience in collaborating and networking with other areas within the Bank
- Proven ability in producing reports for a variety of stakeholders, ensuring key messages are presented appropriately for the audience.
- Broad knowledge of Risk Management disciplines and the three lines of defence model in place across the Group.
The following would be brilliant...but not essential
- A relevant degree or professional qualification
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don't let that put you off applying, we'd love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at .
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.