We Are Hiring:
Sign-On Bonus Available: This role is eligible for $5000 sign-on bonus, payable at $2000 at 90 days; $1000 at 6 mos; $2000 at 12 mos, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Internal candidates, and former associates of 6 months or less are not eligible.
Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Department: Family Practice
Schedule: 40 hrs 8a-5p Mon-Fri, 1 Sat per month 8a-12p
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL (126 Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007-3657)
Must be trained and or experienced to do blood draws, give vaccines and injections.
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcare Association (NHA) or American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) also accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.