We Are Hiring:
Certified Medical Assistant- Cardiology
Hours: Full Time, Monday-Friday (8am-5pm)
1301 West 38th Street
Austin, Texas 78705
Join Ascension Seton as a Certified Medical Assistant and have the opportunity to work in a culture that focuses on the mind, body and spirit of our patients and associates.
Why Choose Ascension?
Career growth and development support and resources
Generous paid time off
Comprehensive and customizable benefit packages to fit your life
Paid parental leave
Culture that focuses on mind, body and spirit
New Grads encouraged to apply!
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted required.
- One OR more of the following:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date OR job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education OR experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.