We Are Hiring:
Certified Medical Assistant - Cardiac Transplant - Full time Days
Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis, IN
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant specializing in Registered obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Certified Medical Assistant required.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all - especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.