Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
The ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) Team provides mental health rehabilitation services and supports adults and families to decrease hospitalization and crisis episodes and to increase community functioning in order for the consumer to achieve rehabilitative, resiliency and recovery goals. The team provides continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
The ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) Case Manager provides case management services, crisis intervention, documentation within the required time frame, individual counseling, medication monitoring and training, attends meetings and other duties that are necessary in order to meet the needs of the seriously mentally ill. The ACT Case Manager will participate as a team member in the delivery of mental health services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Human Development, a social service related field OR a bachelor's degree of any field with two years' experience in mental health
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated education, training or experience in the mental health services
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and with a team
- Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling, case management
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, families, staff or community resources
- Ability to motivate and problem solve with staff regarding effective clinical practices.
- Ability to be self-motived, seek improved performance, problem solving while meeting the complex needs of the clients and their families.
- Skills to adapt verbal and written communication to the language and style of the client and their family.
- Complete all necessary documentation with in the appropriate time lines.
- Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
- Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
- Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
- Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, process, and discharge plans).
- Ability to coordinate services from a variety of community resources
- Utilize a variety of treatment concepts, evidence based practices and service modalities when providing care.
- Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, staff and community groups as needed.
- Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance clients.
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code of conduct and within the framework of the law.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
- Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Shift: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Ware Center - Rockford, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization